Moong dal chutney or we can say Pesara - pappu pachadi in Andhra style. It is easy to prepare; it didn’t need any oil for preparation. Moong dal chutney is totally oil free best for those who are looking to lose belly fat. Moong dal chutney is very delicious as well as super food too. It goes well with rice and chapatti. We can consider it as a side dish in breakfast recipes. The crunchy taste of moong dal and lime juice combination is awesome. It just melts in your mouth.
Main ingredients of Moong dal chutney recipe is Moong dal
- Moong dal is very light and easy to digest. It is packed with nutrients such as proteins, fibers. Fibers helps to regulate the blood sugar level as well as it is the best food in diabetes treatment.
- In many weight loss diet plans such as GM Diet we give one bowl of moong dal, because its calorie count is very low and it is rich in fiber, which helps to keep you full for the longer period.
- It is also rich in Omega 3 fatty acids; it helps to reduce the cholesterol level(LDL) as well as it decreases the risk of high blood pressure.
- It is rich source of iron also prevents anemia.
- Moong dal is packed with antioxidants such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C; it helps to prevents from many diseases.
- It is amazing food for skin also.
Health benefits of Moong dal chutney
• It is a protein rich food.
• It is free from Transfats.
• It is good source of omega 3 fatty acids.
• Moong dal chutney is good source of dietary fibers.
• It is good source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, zinc and other minerals.
Serving size- 5 to 8 persons
Total time (Preparation + cook)- 25 minutes
Shelf life – 2to3 days (store in refrigerator)
Lime - 3 no
Red chilli - 10 no
Hing (asafetida) - 2 pinch
Salt- as per taste
- Wash and soak moong dal in water (1.5 cup) for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes drain the water from moong dal.
- In food processor add moon dal, salt and hing. Grind it; make paste (not too smooth, coarse is ok).
- Pour it in a bowl, and squeeze lime on it, mix well.( instead of lime juice you can also add tamarind, remove the seeds and threads, while grinding add this tamarind with other ingredients )
It goes well with hot steamed rice and dollop of ghee.Nutritional Information of Moong dal chutney (Pesara pappu pachadi) recipe
Protein, gm - 50.6,
Carbohydrates, gm - 133.8,
Fat, gm - 2.9,
Dietary Fiber, gm - 16.4,
Vitamin A, mcg - 115.3,
Vitamin B1, mg - 1.0,
Vitamin B2, mg - 0.4,
Vitamin B3, mg - 5.3,
Vitamin B6, mg - 0.0,
Vitamin B9 Folic Acid, mcg - 280.0,
Vitamin B12, mcg - 0.0,
Vitamin C, mg - 2.5,
Vitamin D, mcg - 0.0,
Vitamin E, mg - 1.5,
Vitamin K, mcg - 0.0,
Calcium, mg - 448.9,
Phosphorus, mg - 853.0,
Iron, mg - 9.4
Magnesium, mg - 244.2,
Copper, mcg - 784.3,
Manganese, mg - 2.1,
Molybdenum, mcg - 892.0,
Zinc, mg - 5.6,
Chromium, mcg - 20.8,
Selenium, mcg - 0.0,
Omega 3, mg - 1206.0,
Omega 6, mg - 86.0